Product Profile: LOCATOR R-Tx from Zest Anchors
Next-generation removable attachment system offers practical clinical benefits.
NEXT-GENERATION REMOVABLE ATTACHMENT SYSTEM OFFERS PRACTICAL CLINICAL BENEFITS
LOCATOR R-Tx from Zest Anchors
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Zest Anchors introduces the next generation of its LOCATOR attachment system — the LOCATOR R-Tx removable attachment, which it describes as a better, simpler and stronger system.
- The LOCATOR R-Tx utilizes an esthetic DuraTec coating with multiple layers of titanium nitride and titanium carbon nitride. This increases strength and wear resistance, while reducing surface roughness.
- The system incorporates a new, industry-standard 0.05-inch/1.25-mm hex drive mechanism that simplifies placement, and its small center cavity design reduces the area in which food and plaque can accumulate.
- A special, dual-sided tool allows clinicians to easily insert or remove the LOCATOR R-Tx retention inserts.
- Designed to resist edge deformation and allow efficient abutment/insert engagement, the nylon retention inserts engage dual retentive surfaces on the abutment’s exterior.
- By not utilizing internal engagement, Zest Anchors’ design prevents debris and plaque from accumulating within the drive mechanism, which could impact proper seating.
- The system also utilizes only one set of retention inserts, with straightforward retention values of zero, low, medium or high.
- Compared to the previous design, enhancements to the abutment and retention insert work with a redesigned denture attachment housing to allow a 50% increase in pivoting capability (up to 60 degrees between two implants).
- In addition, the abutment’s new coronal geometry offers a narrower leading edge and taperlike effect that allows the patient to more easily align and properly seat the overdenture.
Featuring an evolutionary design with practical clinical benefits, the LOCATOR R-Tx is the latest advance in Zest Anchors’ 40-year history of innovation. As a leader in implant-retained, tissue-supported overdenture attachments, the company has designed this new removable attachment system in a way that allows simplified placement by clinicians and patients alike.