Product Profile: OptiBond XTR, SonicFill 2 and RAPTOR burs from Kerr
Restorative system aids clinical efficiency and esthetic outcomes.
RESTORATIVE SYSTEM AIDS CLINICAL EFFICIENCY AND ESTHETIC OUTCOMES
OptiBond XTR, SonicFill 2 and RAPTOR burs from Kerr
FEATURES AND BENEFITS: OPTIBOND XTR
- Delivering predictable outcomes, OptiBond XTR is a universal bonding agent that bonds to all restorative substrates.
- This self-etching adhesive’s chemistry provides reliable bonding to cut and uncut enamel and dentin.
- OptiBond XTR combines the best attributes of a total-etch adhesive with the simplified protocol of a self-etch technique — all in two bottles.
- This product is also indicated for selective etching, so it’s suitable for clinicians who prefer that technique.
- Compatible with all resin cements, OptiBond XTR does not require the use of phosphoric acid, silane, desensitizers or dual-cure activators. In other words, there’s no need for ancillary products. And because it provides effective etching and bonding without phosphoric acid, it helps protect against post-operative sensitivity.
- Clinicians can choose between Kerr’s convenient Unidose or traditional bottle delivery.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS: SONICFILL 2
- Featuring an improved formula with sonic-activated technology, SonicFill 2 builds on the award-winning performance of its predecessor by allowing easy, single-fill placement.
- This advanced composite can be used to fill preps up to 5 mm deep in a single increment — without the need for a liner or capping layer.
- Special rheological modifiers in SonicFill 2 react to the sonic energy applied through the handpiece, reducing the material’s viscosity up to 84% during placement to ensure superior adaptation between the composite and bonded surface.
- Retaining the original formula’s high depth of cure and low shrinkage stress, SonicFill 2 contains nano-scale zirconium oxide and silica oxide filler particles for highly esthetic outcomes characterized by excellent gloss and color matching.
By greatly simplifying restorative cases, Kerr’s OptiBond XTR, SonicFill 2 and TDF Series finishers and polishers help transform tedious posterior restorations into much faster — and more profitable — procedures.