Product Profile: Perio protocols use the PerioLase MVP-7 from Millennium Dental Technologies
Minimally invasive therapies improve periodontal outcomes and speed recovery time.
MINIMALLY INVASIVE THERAPIES IMPROVE PERIODONTAL OUTCOMES AND SPEED RECOVERY TIME
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
LANAP PROTOCOL: A MINIMALLY INVASIVE PERIODONTAL THERAPY
- In light of the fact that more than 50% of American adults have some form of periodontal disease, there is a definite need for effective treatment protocols that patients accept.
- The LANAP protocol, Millennium Dental Technologies’ patented laser periodontitis treatment, helps dentists grow and differentiate their practices by offering an advanced, scientifically proven technique using the company’s PerioLase MVP-7 Nd:YAG laser.
- Compared to other treatment modalities, this minimally invasive approach means less pain and shorter recovery time — and with minimal loss of tissue height and volume.
- In addition, the LANAP protocol preserves esthetics. Post-treatment patients will not have “long teeth” or the root sensitivity sometimes associated with traditional periodontal surgery.
- As evidence of the protocol’s efficacy, more than 375 positive outcome cases have been published; these include results showing a 50% reduction of probing depths, reduced bleeding on probing, radiographic demonstration of bone growth, and two human histological studies showing new attachment and regeneration on previously diseased root surfaces.
- LANAP practitioners report that the clinical benefits have led to case acceptance rates surpassing 85%.
- Millennium Dental Technologies’ support services include five days of training with live patient, hands-on experience and in-office practice and staff integration for immmediate profitability. It also provides a clinical results guarantee.
LAPIP PROTOCOL: DESIGNED TO SAVE AILING AND FAILING IMPLANTS
- The LAPIP protocol, which is a laser peri-implantitis and peri-implant mucositis procedure, has been introduced for the treatment of ailing and failing implants.
- Similar to the LANAP protocol, LAPIP is a minimally invasive approach offering greatly reduced tissue trauma, which aids clinicians’ ability to preserve compromised implants.
- As with LANAP and natural dentition, the LAPIP protocol encourages implant osseoreintegration and bone regeneration.
- This technique also helps eliminate inflammation, as the PerioLase MVP-7 free-running pulsed Nd:YAG laser selectively targets pathogens associated with inflammation 4 mm to 6 mm into tissue beyond the end of the fiber.
The minimally invasive LANAP and LAPIP protocols help dentists take control of periodontal cases while maximizing patient smiles and delivering a solid foundation for restorative work — all with an immediate return on investment. Millennium Dental Technologies supports clinicians with comprehensive training, and also offers a LANAP protocol clinical results guarantee. These are just some of the reasons why dentists are adding these therapies to their periodontal armamentariums.