Centrix Announces the Release of Silversense SDF, 38% Silver Diamine Fluoride!
SilverSense SDF is a blue-tinted 38% silver diamine fluoride (SDF) solution that is cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration as a professional-use tooth desensitizer. SDF has been used internationally for decades due to its antimicrobial and desensitizing properties. As a desensitizer, SilverSense SDF forms insoluble precipitates with calcium or phosphate in the dentinal tubules to block nerve impulses. SilverSense SDF will become a standard part of the preventive-restorative armamentarium as it alleviates hypersensitivity and allows patients to comfortably wait for restorative treatment.
SilverSense SDF comes in an easy-to-use, 5 mL dropper bottle that dispenses one 30 μL drop at a time and is available in two package sizes: a single-bottle standard kit and a three-bottle clinic kit. SilverSense SDF is fast and easy to use. The application is simple, fast, and painless for the patient. Only one to two drops of the solution are needed to treat up to five teeth, meaning SilverSense SDF is efficient and cost-effective, as well.
- Ideal for patients experiencing dentinal hypersensitivity as the desensitizing agent blocks exposed dentinal tubules.
- Hardens softened dentin and a restoration may be placed on top.
- Contains 38% SDF, which has long been used worldwide for its antimicrobial and remineralizing properties.
- Painless, fast, and simple procedure.
- Ideal when used as an interim step in the restorative procedure to alleviate hypersensitivity, especially when the final restoration will not be placed immediately.
- Blue-tinted to increase visibility during application.
Centrix products are available from all leading dental distributors or by calling Centrix at 800-235-5862. To learn more about the Centrix product line, visit us online at centrixdental.com.
To order or to learn more about SilverSense SDF, visit: centrixdental.com/silversense-sdf