Georgia School of Orthodontics Provides Three Gwinnett County Youths with Free Orthodontic Care
Recipients announced at GSO’s Duluth facility grand opening
GWINNETT, Ga., Jan. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — In keeping with its promise to provide $100,000 in complimentary orthodontic care to deserving children in Georgia, the Georgia School of Orthodontics (GSO) has selected three youths in Gwinnett County to receive complimentary orthodontic treatment at its newly opened Duluth facility. Currently, 10 individuals are receiving complimentary treatment since the school opened in August 2016.
Through Smiles for Gwinnett, GSO’s program that provides the complimentary orthodontic care, the orthodontic school also donated $500 toward school supplies to each of the four Gwinnett County schools that nominated the most children. Three dental practices that nominated the most children won a $200 gift card for their practice.
The three children selected for Smiles for Gwinnett are*:
- Jennifer Assamoah of Lawrenceville. An honor roll student, this fourth grader is an avid writer, school chorus singer and Peer Leader. After a recent and sudden loss of Jennifer’s close family member, the family has sought counseling and free grief support camp opportunities for her. Jennifer’s parents are also financially challenged. The guidance counselor who nominated her said she is a remarkable girl and very deserving of this gift.
- Madeline Jones of Norcross. Thirteen-year-old Madeline is too self-conscious to smile for the camera. She also experienced recent family issues, including a family member who moved into the household after a medical emergency. Yet, she has maintained a sense of humor and enjoys helping others. Her parents are excited that GSO is giving her a winning smile to match her cheerful personality.
- Jordan Jones of Norcross. At 12 years old, Jordan is a great student who gets good grades, is a basketball star and has been Student of the Month. He has overcrowded and crooked teeth, but manages to keep smiling every day. He has asked for braces and has had several orthodontic appointments, but his family has been unable to afford them. He and his family are grateful for this gift.
* Recipient descriptions based on nomination forms
The four schools receiving $500 each are:
- Camp Creek Elementary School in Lilburn
- Grayson High School in Loganville
- Kanoheda Elementary School in Lawrenceville
- Arcado Elementary School in Lilburn
The winning dental practices are:
- Apple Tree Pediatric Dentistry in Lawrenceville
- Hamilton Mill Dental Associates in Dacula
- Mall of Georgia Dentistry in Buford
Now with locations in Duluth and Atlanta, GSO’s mission to provide a team approach to exceptional orthodontic care using the latest technology makes the dream of a beautiful smile attainable at a value all families can afford.
Schedule a complimentary consultation today by calling 770-351-7737 or visiting BracesToday.com.