The ADA Foundation has awarded a total of $120,000 in funding to eight organizations working to improve the oral health of the public.
ADA Foundation grants have been awarded to the following organizations:
E. “Bud” Tarrson Dental School Student Community Leadership Awards: These awards annually highlight significant dental student outreach to vulnerable communities within the U.S.
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson Free Clinic: $5,000
- University of Texas Health San Antonio School of Dentistry, SAMM TLLC Infante Student-Run Faculty Collaborative Program: $5,000
ADA Foundation Senior American Access to Care Grants: These grants support nonprofit organizations that provide dental homes and/or continuity of care to senior Americans (age 62 and over) who are underserved.
- Apple Tree Dental, Mounds View, Minn. ($25,000)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center Foundation, Neptune, N.J. ($25,000)
- Portland Community Health Center, Portland, Maine ($25,000)
Give Kids A Smile® (GKAS) Continuity of Care Grants: These grants assist GKAS programs that offer continuity of dental care to underserved children after their initial GKAS visit.
- KinderSmile Foundation, Bloomfield, N.J. ($15,000)
- Oklahoma City Indian Clinic, Oklahoma City, Okla. ($15,000)
- Waikiki Health, Honolulu, Hawaii ($20,000)
To make a donation to the ADA Foundation or to learn more about this and other programs, visit ADAFoundation.org.