HPU Announces New Dentistry School, Dean, Facility and Hundreds of New Jobs
High Point University’s School of Dental Medicine and Oral Health will be the only dental school located at a private university in North Carolina.
High Point University (HPU) continues its transformational growth with several major announcements delivered during a press conference, including:
- HPU will establish a new School of Dental Medicine and Oral Health, which will be the only dental school at a private university in the state of North Carolina. It will be the 10th academic school on HPU’s campus and the seventh established since Nido Qubein, MBA, became HPU president. The proposed Doctor of Dental Medicine degree program, pending SACSCOC and Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) approval, will enroll its first class in fall 2023. At full capacity, the highly competitive and prestigious program will bring 180 new students to campus.
- Scott De Rossi, DMD, MBA, will serve as the dean of the School of Dental Medicine and Oral Health. Prior to joining HPU, De Rossi recently served as professor and dean at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Adams School of Dentistry.
- HPU will build a new facility on International Avenue to house the School of Dental Medicine and Oral Health.
- The total investment in the program is $150 million.
- While HPU’s continual transformation has created hundreds of new jobs since 2005, this new project, along with the planned opening of the Nido and Mariana Qubein Arena, Conference Center and Hotel, will lead to 300 new jobs in High Point and the Triad.
Learn more at: highpoint.edu.