sturti / E+
New Data Shed Light on the Status of Reopening Dental Practices
The American Dental Association Health Policy Institute released details from its Economic Impact of COVID-19 Tracking Poll for the week of May 4, which was completed by more than 6,700 private practice dentists. Some of the findings include:
- More than 56% of private dental practices remained closed, seeing patients only for emergency treatment. Nearly 30% of responding dentists were open, but seeing lower patient volumes than pre-COVID-19.
- Younger dentists were more likely to have reopened their practices, with more than 34% of those younger than 35 reporting their practices were open but seeing lower volumes of patients.
- Over 32% of dentists were fully paying their staff the week of May 4.
- Fifty-six percent of non-owner dentists were not paid at all the week of May 4.
- Dentists had the most difficulty fulfilling their need for N95s and gowns.
To read more poll results, click here.