Massachusetts Dental Society Names ’10 Under Ten’
Ten New Dentists Honored for Impact on the Dental Profession.
Ten Massachusetts dentists have been recognized as the 2020 “10 Under Ten” by the Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS). Established by the MDS in 2005, the annual 10 Under Ten list highlights new dentists in Massachusetts and their diverse impacts on the dental profession. To qualify for the recognition, dentists must have graduated from dental school within the past 10 years, be an MDS member, and have made significant contributions to the profession, their community, and organized dentistry.
The 10 Under Ten honorees are featured in the Spring 2020 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The dentists were honored earlier this year at the Yankee Dental Congress® 2020 (Yankee) Awards Ceremony at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Yankee is New England’s largest dental meeting and is presented by the MDS in cooperation with the dental societies of Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
This year’s honorees are:
- Lea El Hachem, DDS, CAGS, MS, a periodontist who has since relocated to Texas
- Matthew Freitas, DMD, a pediatric dentist practicing in Reading and Winchester
- Michael Golub, DMD, an orthodontist practicing in New Jersey after completing an orthodontics residency in Boston
- Ana Keohane, DDS, DMD, FICD, a general dentist practicing in Boston, Everett, and Wellesley
- Luri Lee, DMD, CAGS, a general dentist practicing in Boston and Seekonk
- James E. Lee, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Malden
- Sabina Malla, DDS, a general dentist practicing in Fall River
- Claire A. McCarthy, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Norwood and Quincy
- Richard Senatore, DMD, FAGD, FICOI, a general dentist practicing in Boston and Stoneham
- Christopher Jacob Ward, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Quincy