Recognize the Signs of Eating Disorders
This course is currently closed
By noting the early symptoms of anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, oral health professionals can help patients receive the treatment they need.
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Define anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- Discuss predisposing factors for these eating disorders.
- Identify the oral complications for anorexia and bulimia.
- Detail the tools used for eating disorder diagnosis.
- List strategies for helping patients with anorexia or bulimia protect their oral health.
This course was issued in the November/December 2015 issue and expires 12/31/18. The authors have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.