Comprehensive Approach to Early Childhood Caries
Identifying high-risk individuals, providing patient-specific education, and embracing interprofessional care can help support pediatric oral health.
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Define early childhood caries and its etiology.
- Discuss the role of risk assessment in caries prevention and management.
- Identify the importance of establishing a dental home in promoting oral health.
- Explain appropriate therapeutic and restorative approaches for caries management.
- Outline the role of medical providers in identifying caries risk in pediatric patients.
This course was issued in the December 2017 issue and expires 12/31/20. The authors have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.